Monday, May 17, 2010

Jump! jump! jump!

Okay, so even if I'm somewhat of a love scrooge and skeptical when it comes to romantic love, I'm still a hopeless romantic. Contradicting huh? Well, I'm contradiction personified (or sometimes I think).

I don't really like reading romance novel because I do not believe in the concept of love it portrays sometimes. The protagonists meet, argue, fall in love, have steamy sex then they set sail to happily ever after land. Who believes in that anyway? Okay, so maybe there are a lot of people out there who buys that. But not me. I can't help but roll my eyes everytime I find myself reading romance novels. Especially at the part where one of the protagonists realizes that he/she is in love with the other protagonist. And this happened in a span of what? A week or two of knowing each other? And together forever's already written in their faces?

Although I concede with the idea of love at first sight. But years ago. I didn't believe in that. So what changed my mind? It's not because I fell in love at first sight. No, no, no, no. It's because I read a scientific study about that. It prooved that love at first sight can happen because of a chemical we have in our brain. But even though I don't like romance novels, I do like watching romantic comedies. As in i like it a lot!

One reason why I like watching korean series so much is because their romcom series are really funny and fun to watch. It's refreshing and not like the typical Filipino drama series. So it's so irrititating when local TV networks remake korean series. Saying that those networks butchered the series' story is an understatement. Grrrr....

Ay grabe! lumilipad na naman tarin of thoughts ko haha. This entry was supposed to be about romance novel. Then it jumped in to korean series haha.

No comments: