Tuesday, February 23, 2010

observing and eavesdropping

When I travel or walk I tend to think a lot of things. Sometimes my facial expression changes depending on what I am thinking. So I always have to be mindful of my facial expressions. Because people might think that I'm a crazy lady roaming around. But more often than not, my thoughts are interrupted by my surroundings. It is because I notice and hear some things that's just too hard to pass.

One time as I was going home from work, I saw a man standing amidst a crowd. He was talking on his mobile phone loudly. As I come near him I heard him say "Tita na sa Pampanga pa ako. Wala ako sa Manila. Sa next Monday pa balik ko ng Manila." As he was saying that I noticed people were giving him a funny look. Everyone who heard him knows that he is bluffing since he's standing on the walkway connecting Landmark and Greenbelt 5. it was so funny and I wanted to shout "Kuya na sa Landmark, Makati ka!" but of course I didn't. Haha.

And last month I saw an old man holding a large magnifying glass over his mobile phone. Talk about needing an eyeglass teehee. And I'm sure everyone who saw that would suggest he drop the magnifying glass and get eyeglasses. But what do I know? A magnifying glass is cheaper than eyeglasses.

Ooohh... And just this week I heard and saw many interesting things. Hmmm... Yesterday as I was going home I overheard two friends (two girls to be exact) talking about family problems. I swear I tried not to listen but my inner chismosa got the best of me! I swear I really tried! So anyway, I felt bad for one of the girls. She wasn't able to review for her finals because her grandmother and mother were at her neck breathing fire of tirades on how she should treat people older than her. And earlier this week as I was waiting for the train to arrive I noticed a life size doll with green hair sitting on the stairs. I did a double take on that because it's not everyday you see a life size doll with green hair wearing candy-striped shirt and a bit on the emo side right? Well the "doll" moved and it strucked me that she is not a doll. The "doll" girl really stood out and people kept on loking at her. I mean who wouldn't stand out especially if you have green hair right? But I envy that girl. She have guts to dye her hair green. If given the chance I want to have blue hair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

inner chismosa ha? panalo len! cge n nga, maniniwala na q that u tried not to listen dun sa family problem ng dlawang girld n un...heheh...