Monday, May 28, 2007

A little bit of everything

May 27, marks the last week of May for year 2007. Bye bye excruciating heat and sunny sunshine, hello rain, heavy clouds and oh!! let's not forget flood. Supposedly by this time I'm already preparing stuff for the new school year. But this year and for the years to come it'll be different. No more shopping for school supplies, books, bags or shoes. Those things that I've been doing for the last 16 years of my life before the new school year starts will soon become a distant memory of a now graduate student.





When I was still studying all I can think about is graduating so I can finally earn my own money. Buy the things I want and eat at retaurants and eat more. I never actually thought that it will be this hard to let go of the things you've been accustomed to for the past 16 years. 16 years of studying, 16 years of spending 75% of my life inside the classroom, 16 years of making projects and reports and 16 years of priceless experience. When I was in college sometimes I think about the good old days in high school, wishing that the hands of time will turn back to those years. Now I wish I was a college student again, eager to see my blockmates at the first day of the new school year and excited to exchange stories of our summer adventures.





Now, it'll be different. All of us will face the 'real world' for the working people and that, will also be our 'real world' now. And I'm afraid. Most of my classmate are working now. I used to work but I resigned and I don't want to go on with the details about that matter. So... yeah, most of them I think already knows what they really want to do in life and I'm happy for them. I really want each and every one from CA1 to be successful. But as for me, I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do. I want an exciting work, a work that will allow me to travel and learn new things about stuff not discussed inside the classroom.





Sometimes I feel lonely that I won't be able to spend time with my classmates especially with Amz and Pinks. Also, Labs has a work na as an agent for a call center I'm afraid that we won't see each other that much anymore or text each other as much as we want to because by the time she's working and awake I'm sleeping. And everything is changing fast. Change that I must accept. And I don't really know how I feel. It's a mixture of fear and loneliness and add a spoonful of pressure, not from anyone but from myself. I want more in life and I hunger for adventure yet I'm not brave enough to make it happen, to search for my happiness and place in this new world.








This whole world will be my classroom now where everyone is both a teacher and a student.

No comments: