Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Recognition day

It's a late reaction but goodness! He was gone too soon.

I was a senior kindergarthen student when I first heard the song 'Heal the World' by Michael Jackson. It was the song we used for our SK graduation. Each student had a role to play while singing along with the song. Some students were playing doctors, teachers, nurse, poverty stricken people etc. I played as one of the poverty stricken people. Pulubi in other words. For our costume, our teacher instructed us to wear unruly clothes with holes and dirt. My grandmother prepared my costume and I was satisfied with it. Come graduation day, one of my fellow 'pulubi' classmate told me that I don't look like a pulubi. She continued saying that the holes in my costume looked like it was designed to look sosyal. Though my costume looked sosyal and it doesn't fit the part I'm supposed to portray, I still played my part with enthusiasm. I still remember how everything looked so white on the stage, students singing along the song and during that time heal the world was one of my favorite songs.

It's so sad that MJ's gone. He is an icon. And every time I hear his heal the world song, i can't help but remember fond memories of my kindergarthen days. I am not one of his fans but I can't help feeling this tremendous loss. I was also anticipating his comeback concert even though I will not be able to watch it.

It's really sad. He was gone too soon.

No comments: